Adoption Forms & Fees
Please submit an on-line application, or you may complete an application at our adoption stand at PetsMart.
At present, due to limited staff, dog and cat adoptions at our shelter are scheduled by appointment only. In order to best assist you, we ask that you submit an application prior to scheduling an appointment at the shelter. Upon approval of your application, a staff member will contact you to schedule an appointment.
- Please bring the following with you to the adoption stand or to a scheduled appointment at the shelter:
- Picture ID with your current address (if current address is not available, please bring current utility bill)
- Proof of age (you must be 18 or older to adopt a pet from the Southside SPCA)
- Proper form of payment (cash, credit/debit card, checks, money order are accepted).
- A carrier for your adopted kitty. We provide collars and leashes for your adopted dog, or you may purchase one of your choice.
Adoption counselors are available to assist you in the adoption process. Once approved, you will be asked to sign the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee before the adoption is complete.
Online Adoption Forms:
The dog adoption fee is $125.00, which includes:
- Testing for Heartworm and Tick Borne Diseases
The cat adoption fee is $90, which includes:
- Testing for FIV/FeLV